1.26.2015

Heirloom Recipe Organizer - #30thingsinyear30

My first #30thingsinyear30 post - my heirloom recipe book (#12)! After a long internet search over the holiday break, I found a recipe organizer that I was ready to commit to - link here.  

I was struggling a bit with the color options. The pink/purple (called "orchid") was the front runner, but since I'm not too much of a pale pink person, I wasn't totally sure if I wanted that color for eternity (since, you know, my kids will pass this book down to their kids and so on and so on). I was literally trying to picture this recipe book in my future home, spread out on the island of my tiny charming kitchen and then I remembered this Suzanne Kasler stunner with just some touches of the pinky-purple color. I was sold. If ever in the future I win the lottery and have a traditional yet fresh white kitchen with pinky-purple touches, I'll have the perfect recipe organizer. 


When the recipe book arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to see the charming cooking related quotes on each divider page. I've started tucking in recipe cards that I already had (my sweet husband wrote down some from his side of the family) and am excited to add more to it. I added my name in gold foil to the front, silver foil is also an option. You can also buy refills of all of the inserts, as one should never be limited in their number of heirloom recipes. 


Check out the whole list of thirty things I want to do in my thirtieth year, here

Kitchen photos via Architectural Digest

- CMD

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Much more organized than the heirloom recipe boxes I have been getting from everyone in the family :) Love the personalization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just noticed my name & recipe made the blog :)

    ReplyDelete