11.24.2014

30 Things in Year 30




 Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Mackenzie Horan of Design Darling, I have put together a list of 30 things that I'd like to do in my 30th year. Mackenzie is on her second list of 101 things in 1001 days - or about 2.75 years. I have loved following along as she checks off one thing after another.  I'll keep the blog updated as I try to accomplish as many of these goals as I can. If you are inspired to create your own list, send it my way!  


 Personal

 1. Learn to bake a go-to pie

 2. Have professional photos taken of Brad and I (haven’t done so since our   
 wedding!)

 3. Finish reading the entire Bible, front to back

 4. Learn a DIY that is great for gifts 

 5. Continue not to spend money on improving or decorating the condo and  
 instead save money for a new home (maybe the hardest one!)

 6. Seek out and take advantage of more free workout and exercise options

 7. Clean out every drawer, cabinet and closet...ruthlessly

 8. Practice my flower arranging skills by bringing bouquets to those I know in 
 the hospital or assisted living 

 9. Organize all of our photos – physical and digital

 10. Take more photos with people in them

 11. Find a new organization to volunteer for regularly

 12. Start a real cookbook of recipes I love and can one day pass along

 13. Find more dedicated quiet time to talk to God on a daily basis

 Professional/Blog

 14. Learn more about antique furniture periods and styles

 15. Create more original content (and photography) for this blog

 16. Decorate Brad’s office

 17. Write something (start the book I say I’m going to write, the articles that I  
 have half written)

 Family & Friends

 18. Read all of Brad’s grandfather’s letters home from WWII

 19. Visit my friend Libby in NYC

 20. Send hand-written letters to family and friends to tell them how much they 
 mean to me

 21. Host a dinner party at the condo

 Atlanta/Georgia

 22. Visit three Atlanta museums (or cultural centers) that I haven’t been to  
 before

 23. Attend an Atlanta ballet or symphony

 24. Visit a Georgia state park that I haven’t been to before

 25. Explore Atlanta’s art galleries

 Just for Fun

 26. Create a new tradition

 27. Go one week without watching any television

 28. Find a favorite, every-day lipstick

 29. Take a baking class

 30. Research our silver pattern (inherited from Brad’s great-grandmother) and  
 our china pattern (inherited from my great-grandmother)

 Phew!  

 - CMD 

2 comments:

  1. I can help you out with #1 for sure and #2 you so deserve!! Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete