1.14.2015

My Favorite Movie Sets!

During the Christmas break (while Husband and I were spending plenty of time on the couch) the movie The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet came on TV. Its a pretty great movie, especially at that time of year, so I talked Brad into watching it and also explained that The Holiday is movie set gold in my interior designer eyes. 

Maybe its just my spatially/aesthetic skewed brain, but if a movie set speaks to me I am much more likely to continue watching that movie. Set designers have to not only create beautiful spaces, but go beyond that to make them believable and the really good ones go even further so that the spaces are almost another character in the movie. 

I LOVE both of the English cottages featured in The Holiday, but am just featuring Diaz's character's home today. The actual house was built by a renowned California architect and its just feels so L.A. with a lot of charm, exactly like its (character) owner. 








One other movie that definitely stands out to me as great set/interior design is Meryl Streep's It's Complicated. The kitchen is a dream. This home in particular takes on its own scene stealing moments- the family dinners, the first date and so on. The house feels so filled with life, when in actuality many of the interior scenes of this home were completely fabricated (the kitchen was completely fake!). Thats great set design! 








I'd move in to either tomorrow! 


- CMD 

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember watching the "It's Complicated" movie and thinking about how awesome that house was. And that kitchen!!!!!! I'm glad there was a lot of cooking in it :)

    ReplyDelete